Monday 27 July 2015

My Triangular Scone with Pumpkin Seed for Teatime.

Hello everyone,

It has been awhile since the last time I post a recipe here. I cooked daily and snapped most of the food photos, but never happen to write any entries due to my high level of business. So, lets start with this one, the SCONE. This is my first try to make scone and I love the texture and the taste. Since, I made this based on what I have in my kitchen, you will find this scone come with pumpkin seed instead of raisin. So, it taste a bit nutty and milky.


1 large egg
1 cup of milk
3/4 cup of butter
5 tspn of baking powder
2 1/2 cup of floor
1 tsp of salt

  1. Preheat your oven at 190C 
  2. In a big bowl, combine the butter, sugar, baking powder, salt and flour
  3. On separate bowl, combine the egg and milk. Then, pour it into the big bowl little by little until its slightly moist. 
  4. I add 200g of pumpkin seed to the dough and mix it well. 
  5. Sprinkle some flour on your kneading surface and then knead your dough nicely. It should be not sticky to your hand.
  6. Get a rolling pin, then roll the dough for about 1/2 inch thick. 
  7. Get a scone cutter, cut the dough and place in on your baking tray.
  8. Bake it in oven for 10 to 15 minutes until its slightly brown. 
I don't have scone cutter at home, so I made this one in triangular shape. It is all about flexibility. This scone is very nice to enjoy it while it still warm. It should be very smooth when you bite it. I love to enjoy it with strawberry jam and compliment it with a good quality of highland tea (Yes... I am overly expressing my feeling here). 

No comments:

Post a Comment