Coming back from my Grandma's normally will lead me to bring back many unexpected things such as a bunch of Rambutan, Bananas and other Kampung "village" stuffs. This time, I will share about how I make this sweet and delicious traditional Malay dessert so called, Pengat Pisang (Boiled Riped Banana with Coconut Milk and Palm Sugar).
1 comb banana, cut into your desired size
1/2 liter thin coconut milk
1/2 liter thick coconut milk
1 piece palm sugar, cut into small pieces
4 tbsp white sugar
1 pandan leave, knotted
1/2 cup sago seed
Pinch of salt
- Boil thin coconut milk with palm sugar, pandan leave and salt. Keep stir until now and then.
- Once it boil, add in the sago seed and wait until its turn to be crystal clear. Keep stir until now and then.
- Add the banana, lower the fire and simmer for about 30 minutes. Normally I will put the cooking pot's lid on.
- Add the thick coconut milk and when it's boiled again, turn of the fire.
- You can serve this cold or hot, as you wish.